- ABOUT THE PROGRAM : The participants will enjoy a splendid panorama of hills, sandy beaches, refreshing waterfalls, beautiful landscapes, breath taking groves of palm trees, sun kissed waterways, Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary and Dudhsagar falls. The hilly trek of Western Ghats provides trekking trails as steep and difficult as the Himalayan climbs. The trekking route will therefore, offer the same thrills and excitement as in any mountain with some additional attractions like bus ride, and rail journey in the western ghats.
- HOW TO REACH : The base camp is located at Sports Authority Ground, Near Miramar Beach, Panaji Goa. The nearest railway stations are Thivim (25Kms), Karmali (12 km) and Margao (33km.). State bus service is available. Direct bus service is also available from Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore & Mangalore. Direct trains are available from Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and major cities of India.
- REPORTING DATES : From 15 Dec 2013 to 31 Dec 2013. There will be 17 batches of 50 participants, for the entire program.
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE : Any member of the association above the age of 10.
- FEES : Rs. 3000/- per participant.
- HOW TO JOIN : Members desirous of joining the programme may apply on a prescribed Registration Form duly supported by a Medical Certificate, which is attached with the form. Photocopies of the forms are acceptable. Form should be sent along with draft or at par payable cheques of participation fee or book online.
- ACCOMMODATION & FOOD : Tented Accommodation & unlimited Simple nutritious Vegetarian food.
- THINGS TO BRING ALONG : Rucksack (if you have one) cotton shirts, cotton pants, sun cap, Hunter shoes, 2 pairs of cotton socks, torch, water bottle, lunch box, enameled or steel mug, plate, spoon, pen-knife, needle, thread, goggles, Sun cream, soap, toilet paper, towel, medicines (which you normally use at home), Dettol and coconut oil (Small Bottles), slippers.
- PROGRAMME SCHEDULE & ROUTE DAY 1Report at base camp-Sport Authority Ground, Campal, Panaji.
- DAY 2 Rock Climbing & Rappelling, Acclimatization, Orientation
- DAY 3 Mobor Beach to Benaulim Beach [12 kms] (Base Camp to Mobor by bus)
- DAY 4 Benaulim to Velsao Beach ( 10 kms)
- DAY 5 Collem to Dudhsagar ( 10 kms) (Velsao to Collem by train)
- DAY 6 Dudhsagar to Caranzol (12 kms) (Via Dudhsagar waterfalls)
- DAY 7 Caranzol to Nandran (14 kms)
- DAY 8 Nandran to Tambdi Surla (15 kms) to base camp by bus.
- DAY 9 Check out after breakfast (Pls note routes shown are subject to change)
Saturday, June 15, 2013
National Trekking Expedition 2013- Goa
National Trekking Expedition 2013- Goa :
FROM 15TH DEC '13 TO 31ST DEC '13