Sunday, July 28, 2013
ENJOY DIWALI VACATIONS IN MANALI!
ENJOY DIWALI VACATIONS IN MANALI!
Youth Hostels Association of India has been organizing various adventure programs for the last 42 years. People from the poles apart cultures and regions participate in our programs and enjoy our economical and budgeted trekking adventures. A large number of volunteers work with dedication, and support us for running these programs.
As a part of the Silver Jubilee Celebration of YHAI National Trekking, in 1995 we introduced the Family camping Program for the families of our volunteer camp leaders and other functionaries. Encouraged by the success of this adventure and, on the request of our members we repeated this program in many years till 2012. This year again, we are organizing the Family Adventure Camping Program in Manali, Himachal Pradesh.
This time, the camp is being organized in the International Youth Hostel Manali, which is located far away from the cacophony of the city, and offers a calm & tranquil environment. It is located at the base of the snow capped peaks of the Himalayas and one can wish to visit the beautiful Beas, flowing silently nearby. It is the best time to enjoy the snowy winter, with the glitz of Deepawali, with YHAI!
Rs.4500/- per family, including food, accommodation, guidance & insurance.
In case you are unable to join this trek, you will get a refund of Rs.2250/- provided your request is received directly at the National Office-New Delhi, at least 15 days in advance from the date of your joining. Any unforeseen event / strike or natural calamity will not be considered as a cause of cancellation. The refund will be given after completion of the program.
International Youth Hostel Manali, Prini Village, Himachal Pradesh.
24th October, 28thOctober, 1st November, 5th November, 9th November,13thNovember, 17th November, 21st November, 25th November- 2013
HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP
International Youth Hostel Manali, is located at Prini Village, near Club Mahindra Resort , 3km before Manali , and on the left of the banks of river Beas. It is linked by road via Ram Shila & Gamon Bridge, and commands a panoramic view of surrounding mountains. Regular bus services are available from Delhi, Chandigarh & Punjab. The nearest Railway Stations are Ambala& Chandigarh & the nearest Airport is Bhuntar (60 km).
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
1. Any YHAI member can participate on first come first serve bases.
2. A family consists of husband, wife and two children up to the age of 12years. Copy of DOB proof for the children between ages 10 to 12 years must be attached with application forms or must be submitted at the time of reporting at the Base Camp. Photographs of the Family Head must be attached on the forms.
3. For children above 12 years of age, or for an extra family member, Rs.1000/- per person will be charged, over & above.
4. A single person does not constitute a family and shall not be allowed at the camp, however, couples may register. Parent of very small children should arrange for their bottle feed.
5. Photo ID Proof of the head of the family should be attached with the application form, to be produced at the time of reporting at the base camp.
6. Each family will be given a separate room with attached bathroom in the International Youth Hostel Manali.
HOW TO JOIN
Members desirous of joining this program may apply online through our website www.yhaindia.org, or, by the prescribed registration form duly supported by a Medical Certificate, along with a DD of requisite amount in favor of“Youth Hostels Association of India”, payable at New Delhi. Members can also apply through the State Branch or Local Unit of YHAI.
N.B: Without admit card & the medical certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed
FOOD & WATER SUPPLIES
Morning tea, breakfast, packed lunch, evening tea (in the camp), and dinner and after dinner tea/coffee/Bournvita, shall be provided. Nutritious, vegetarian and good quality food shall be served at the camp. Please bring your own plates, mugs, spoons etc. Natural mineral spring water has been brought to the base camp from a nearby source. Washing of clothes is strictly prohibited.
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG
Woolens, cotton clothes, walking shoes, raincoat, cold cream/Vaseline, personal first aid kit, towel, bed sheets, lunch box (for packed lunch) and medicines that you normally use at home.
SAFETY & SECURITY
YHAI Group Insurance cover is for accidental death or permanent disability only. You are advised to take personal insurance cover for your journey and other related matters. Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of this program for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
Notice for Participants
1. Smoking, use of alcohol and narcotics of any description is strictly prohibited during the course of the program.
2. Deviation from the set route of the program is not permitted. If participants may wish to join any other activity, they may do so at their own responsibility and risk only after finishing the program and checking out.
3. Stay other than YHAI Camp & wearing miniskirts/ shorts/ Bermuda/ are not allowed for the entire duration of the camp.
4. This is an environment friendly trek. Do no litter any wrappers or spoil the trial in any way. In case you find any wrapper, plastic bag or anything left by trekkers on the way, please carry the same with you and deposit at the base camp.
5. Burning of wood during camp fire is strictly prohibited. Import of any bio Non- degradable Material in Himachal Pradesh is an offence.