- For the first time Youth Hostels Association of India is organizing the National Himalayan Mountain Biking Expedition in Manali. This program has been designed to fulfill the demand of the YHAI members who could not join the Leh program,2013 as it is for limited participants and also all the seats booked in a very short period. The request comes from the members to organize alternative Mountain Biking Program in Himalaya. So we decided to organize this program in very famous hill station Manali in Kullu Valley of Himachal Pradesh. Manali is most picturesque valley, is also known as the Queen of Hill station, located on the bank of river Beas river. Kullu valley is known as Valley of God. This Mountain Biking expedition will cover places of importance like Hadimba temple, Old Manali, Vasisth, Solang Valley, Naggar etc.
- PURPOSE : The purpose of the expedition is to expose the YHAI members to a greater adventure and to rough the rigours of plodding with a sense of love for nature and outdoor recreational activity aiming at promoting adventure in tandem with national.
- DURATION OF THE PROGRAM : 5 Days & 4 Nights.
- REPORTING DATES : There will be 20 participants inn each group on the following reporting dates: 24th Oct, 28th Oct, 01st Nov, 05th Nov, 09th Nov, 13th Nov, 17th Nov, 21st Nov & 25th Nov, 2013.
- PROGRAM FEE : Participation fee Rs.2700/- per head which cover the use of bicycle, equipment, dormitory accommodation, simple nutritious Vegetarian meals, guiding and insurance.Participants will bear to and fro travel expenses from their home to base camp Manali.
- BASE CAMP : International Youth Hostel Manali, Prini Village, Himachal Pradesh.
- SCHEDULE :
- Day 1- Reporting at the Base Camp Manali International Youth Hostel at 10:00 AM. After lunch orientation and general information about the expedition, Bike Rules and Safety Tips etc.
- Day 2 - Biking to Hadimba temple, old Manali and Vasisth famous for hot water springs.(18Kms). Back to Manali Youth Hostel in the evening.
- Day 3 - Biking to Solang valley via Bhang and Palchan and while coming back via Burua, Gaushal and old Manali. Back to Manali Youth Hostel in the evening (38 Kms).
- Day 4 - Biking to Naggar via Jagatsukh (one can see Gayatri temple here) Haripur and in Naggar members can visit Nagger Castle(ancient Fort) and famous Nicholes Reorich Art Gallery. Back to Manali Youth Hostel in the evening. (34 KMs)
- Day 5 - Group breaks after breakfast (09:30 AM).
- HOW TO JOIN : Members desirous of joining this programme may apply on the prescribed registration form duly supported by a Medical Certificate, along with a DD of requisite amount in favour of " Youth Hostels Association of India" payable at New delhi. Online booking is available on our website. (www.yhaindia.org). Members can also apply through our YHAI Units or State Branch in their respective area.
- N.B: Without admit card and Medical fitness Certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed.
- WHO CAN PARTICIPATE : This expedition is open to YHAI members who are 18 years above and physically fit. This condition will be adhered to strictly. Under age will not be considered in any case.
- HOW TO REACH THE BASE CAMP : By Bus:- Manali is about 560 kms from Delhi, 280 kms from Shimla & 350 kms from Chandigarh. HRTC/Himachal Tourism operates Volvo buses for Manali. By Train:- Nearest railway station are Ambala(310 kms) and Chandigarh(310 kms).
- ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES : Dormitory accommodation will be provided in International Youth Hostel Manali.
- FOOD & WATER SUPPLIES : Simple , nutritious vegetarian meals will be provided.
- EQUIPMENTS PROVIDED BY YHAI : Mountain Bicycle, Helmet, Knee Cap, Elbow guard, Bicycle Riding gloves, Knapsacks.
- WHAT PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING ALONG : Cotton Shirts, Slacks, Cotton Pants, Woolen sweaters or Jackets, Sun Cap, Shoes, Socks, Enameled or Steel Mug / tumbler, Plate, Spoon, Water purifying tablets, Pen knife knife, Needle, Thread, Spare buttons, Goggles, Cold cream / Vaseline, Soap, Toilet Paper, Towel, Medicies which you normally use at home, Camera. If you have knee guard and hand gloves, please bring along.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
National Himalayan Mountain Biking Expedition –Manali-2013
National Himalayan Mountain Biking Expedition –
Dates: 24th Oct, 28th Oct, 01st Nov, 05th Nov, 09th Nov, 13th Nov, 17th Nov, 21st Nov & 25th Nov, 2013.